Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reawakening the Inner Child

Is it just me or do we tend to withdraw from our natural tendencies as a child to learn, explore, and play the older we become? As you grow up adults constantly tell you how to think and try to train you to follow what they believe.  It seems this constant repetition becomes ingrained in us until it replaces that fun loving child within.

As adults we focus on the negative aspects of the world.  From the media to our own lives we tend to focus on what is going wrong with it, instead of what is going right.

I've had the fortunate opportunity to travel outside the country.  I went to England and got to sing in a neurological hospital in front of people who couldn't speak or move--some of them moaning out in pain.  That experience humbled me; I realized all the gifts I take for granted everyday.

So now I am on a mission to reawaken my inner child; to find the curiosity, wonder, and excitement in all aspects of life.  The way I see it you have two options in life: you can choose to react to a situation negatively and let it ruin your day, or you can choose to be happy.  Acknowledge the event that occurred, then let it go. I know I know easier said than done!

I believe we become stuck in the pattern where we play the victim, the "poor me", focusing on all the wrong things.  The more you focus on what is wrong in your life, the more attention you send out into the universe telling it you want more of the same.

Today go out in the world and be in awe of the sun rising, feeling the breeze blow across your face, and giggle at life.  Appreciate all the things that you have to be grateful for and when faced with the choice to fall into the "poor me" phase or to rise above it and focus instead on happiness, choose wisely.  The day is yours for the taking so listen to that inner child and start to bring back the joy into your life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment